Nesso is a postcard-perfect village located on the banks of Lake Como. It is smaller than the nearby Bellagio, but it’s a real haven for those who seek peace, tranquility, and all the regenerating aspects of slow-living.
It is the perfect place to visit if you are looking for one of the most authentic places on Lake Como, very different from the best-known destinations.
Table of contents
Exploring Nesso's Charms
The town's medieval and Renaissance roots are remarkably preserved; here you can breathe in the charm of the past as you stroll through the stone-paved alleyways of the historic center, photograph one of the most scenic waterfalls on the entire lake, and take nature walks with splendid panoramic views. Nesso is literally split in half by its famous gorge.
Seasonal Delights in Nesso
Lake Como is a true corner of Italian paradise that attracts tourists from all over the world, especially during the high season (late May to late September).
My advice is, if you can, to visit Nesso during the low season (for example, in April or October) to have a more relaxing and authentic travel experience.
Sights and Experiences in Nesso
Some popular sights and things to do in Nesso include exploring the town center where time seems to stand still, visiting Nesso gorge & Ponte della Civera for a majestic waterfall and breathtaking view, taking a walk along Strada Regia & Valle di Nosée for pleasant walks with views, visiting the hamlet of Careno which is a small village with a curious triangle shape and taking boat tours & beaches to sit back, relax and enjoy the view!
Exploring Nesso's Heritage
In addition to its natural beauty and historic charm, Nesso also has a rich cultural heritage. The town has several churches and chapels that are worth visiting, including the Church of SS. Pietro e Paolo and Santa Maria.
Planning Your Nesso Adventure
A highlight of Nesso's natural beauty is the awe-inspiring Orrido Waterfall. Located in the Orrido di Nesso, a deep ravine just a short walk from the town's center, this waterfall is a must-see. When planning your trip to Nesso, make sure to pack comfortable shoes as there are many beautiful walks and hikes in the area.
While walking and hiking are fantastic ways to explore Nesso's natural beauty, another excellent option is to hop on a bike. The town also has several bike rental shops if you prefer to explore on two wheels.
Nesso's Allure Beckons
Nesso is a charming town with plenty of things to see and do. Reaching this wonderful borgo is a breeze, and the journey itself is a picturesque experience.
As you arrive in Nesso, the town's history, natural beauty, and tranquil ambiance welcome you to an experience that will leave an indelible mark on your heart and soul.
- Visit during the off-season: Lake Como is a popular tourist destination, especially during the high season (late May to late September). If possible, consider visiting Nesso during the low season (for example, in April or October) to have a more relaxing and authentic travel experience.
- Explore the town: Nesso is a picturesque village sitting on the banks of Lake Como. Take a stroll through the stone-paved alleyways of the historic center, photograph one of the most scenic waterfalls on the entire lake, and take nature walks with splendid panoramic views.
- Visit Nesso gorge & Ponte della Civera: Nesso is literally split in half by its famous gorge. Make sure to visit Nesso gorge & Ponte della Civera for a majestic waterfall and breathtaking view.
- Take a walk along Strada Regia & Valle di Nosée: for pleasant walks with views, take a walk along Strada Regia & Valle di Nosée.
- Visit the hamlet of Careno: Careno is a small village with a curious triangle shape. Make sure to visit this hamlet during your stay in Nesso.